Charmed I’m Sure!

credit

In the last few months, Yes and Yes has been ticking merrily along and meeting heaps of new friends. And it occurs me that I’ve been a terrible host – not offering you a drink and letting you stand in the corner all by yourself. Where are my manners!? Let’s make the introductions!My name is Sarah Von. I’m obsessed with cheese, anthropomorphism, thrifted clothes, ridiculous dances and living a life full of adventure. And lists. I grew up in a tiny town in northern Minnesota, studied English Literature at school and spent the last five years of my life poking around different countries – teaching English in Taiwan, globe hopping on a world ticket, getting my MA in New Zealand, backpacking in South America. I met amazing people, threw up on every type of transportation imaginable and got a good tan.

Now I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and teach ESL to Southeast Asian refugees. I engage in all sorts of amateur sociological experiments, cook ridiculous food, attempt to learn the thriller dance and plot my next trip. I believe in the importance of helping those who need it, living a life that I’m proud of, throwing good parties and wearing cute outfits (and telling you that they cost $7).

So nice to meet you – welcome to the party! And you are?

Leia

Hi Sarah! Nice to properly meet you!

My name is Leia and I love traveling just as much as you do! I grew up in Bangladesh to Indian and Pakistani parents and went to an American school, chock-full of international students (many of them diplomats' children). I've travelled all over South Asia and spent a bit of time exploring Western Europe. I've been living in London for the last 3 years, studying at university, and am about to start my Masters program.

I love music and play the piano, the violin, and the clarinet (and used to sing but I'm not sure if I can, anymore!) I love reading anything and everything. I'm interested in political interactions and development (and helping those who need it, too). And I love teaching!

That's me in a nutshell. Oh, and I write a fashion blog with my good friend Sherin, although I've never considered myself an expert in fashion (and still don't – although I've learned a lot through blogging!) Sometimes we have amazing guest bloggers, such as the smart and talented Sarah Von!

… And who doesn't love cheese?!

Ms Constantine

πŸ˜€

I'm Kim or Ms Constantine, and I live in New Zealand. I haven't seen much of the world but I'd really love to go to Germany.

I blog and have a jewellery line on Etsy. I spend all day in front of my laptop, usually in my PJs.

I love sneakers and t shirts and food (including cheese). I'm planning a couple of tattoos at the moment and they're taking up all of my spare thoughts.

I β™₯ you Sarah Von.

andlaughing

Hi Ms. Sarah Von!

I've been following your blog for what feels like ages and it's just been a wonderful ride. You even sent me a postcard from S. America that is on my wall right now! πŸ™‚

I'm Jessi, an overworked college senior who will soon have an English teaching license in my grubby little hands! I blog a little bit, because, let's be honest, don't most English majors communicate better in writing?? I really need to keep up with mine more. Ah, but there's a lot of things I need to do more of…

I am committed to volunteerism, skipping class on sunny days, playing in the park with my puppies and I love every inch of the good city I call home – Indianapolis πŸ™‚

C'est moi, that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for sharing your life with all of us – I aspire to do the same πŸ™‚

Gene

Hello, Ms. Sarah, I'm Gene. I'm madly in like with the midwest. I'm a husband, a dad, a grant administrator at a public university, and amateur musician. You can check out my band's music at loupriverwaltz.com.

I used to blog but now I don't. I'm on twitter – @gthogan.

Thanks for sharing, your blog is a fun read!

R.

Hi Sarah! I'm Rachel – 23/F/Sydney, Australia. (Have you been to Oz yet?) I am a writer, though I studied and have a Bachelor's degree in theatre. I just quit a soul-starving but well-paying office job after two years to focus on my writing and pursue more inspirational interests. I have blonde hair (naturally dark blonde, but dyed much lighter) and green eyes.

I discovered your blog at the beginning of this year when I was in hardcore research mode for my first solo holiday abroad (Paris and Italy – had an amazing time), and all your travel how-to posts were a godsend! I think I am going to do my own version of 25 New Things when I turn 24 in October, to deter any potential quarter-life crises from arising :p

I have a HUGE sweet tooth and am teaching myself the ukulele. I like summer weather, musical theatre, trees that flower (the jacaranda is favourite), living on my own, reading books and blogs, bright colours and bold/retro designs, hanging out with my lovely beau of almost two years, and general daydreaming.

It is truly lovely to meet you, Miss Von πŸ™‚

–xo.

R. – I *have* been to Oz! Heaps of my friends that I met while traveling are Aussies or relocated to Oz. I actually spent my 28th birthday driving between Sydney and Brisbane and one of best friends lives in Sydney right now! That's a gorgeous country you've got there. πŸ˜€

Hi Gene – glad to have a few gentleman around here!

Darcie

Hi Yes&Yes!

I'm Darcie and Sarah's been my buddy since grade school. I love collecting perfect black sweaters, old blankets and listing 'sarcasm' as a personal interest when asked. In my 30's I aspire to live near beaches and to make coffee or cocktails for a pittance, then spend my free time painting or sunbathing. My job for the last few years has been very much a Career in Marketing with a smallish, sort of do-goodie company with amazing coworkers, but I'm ready for new things.

Thanks to Sarah, I saw Taiwan, have learned to make small adventures right here at home and have been able to accept that cheese IS a meal. She's a good one, as her audience I'm sure you know already, but it never hurts to hear again. Sarah, you're a good one and your blog is going to change things. I just know it!

AnalieseMarie

Hiya there, Sarah! I'm a new follower, and your blog is already one of my favorites.

I'm Analiese, a 20-something Washingtonian-by-way-of-the-Midwest. I'm obsessed with all things food-related (including cheese, mais oui!), interior design, old-school video games, comfy tee-shirts, Mad Men, and dogs with funny, squished-in faces. After getting my undergrad degree in Cultural Anthropology, I hopped around the corporate world for a couple years in several unsatisfying gigs before landing my current (dream) job as a grant writer/researcher for an art museum. I'm getting married in June to the raddest guy in the world (in my biased opinion). We like to play Rock Band, go on random day trips, and cook delicious things.

Nice to meet you!

rachel

Hi Sarah!

I always feel happy to see a new post of yours in my google reader, your blog is always so warm and and fun to read.

I, too, was an English major in college, as well as an art major. I then went on to law school and developed the other side of the brain, you could say. Now, I split my time between the law (my day job) and my creative pursuits that I am always thinking about in the back of my head throughout the day, and which I post on my blog whenever I can.

I find that the blogging community can be, thus far, inspirational, awe-strikingly so at times, and at times a bit overwhelming. I try to find balance in creating and writing for myself (and for my sister, for whom I envision every time I post and who has a really successful blog), and for a wider audience. It's an interesting balance to find, and reading blogs like yours helps me find my way there.

Anyway, it was so nice to meet you! Let's stay in touch.

Rachel

char

Hi hi I'm Char! I live in New Zealand, down in a tiny town at the bottom of the South Island where I study microbes πŸ™‚ I love reading blogs, and yours is one of my straight-up favourites. I also love walking around in bare feet, freshly washed hair, Agatha Christie mysteries, liquid eyeliner and eight hour sleeps. Yay! I'm looking forward to meeting new people & finding new blogs, going by the theory that cool people read cool blogs haha.

Erin

Hia friend. You already know who I am, but I'd like to amend something: I'm now a triathlete as well. So add that to your note card of facts about Erin. Woo hoo!

Jessika

Hi Sarah,
I'm Jessica, 30+ something with a degree in Japanese and anthropology. Live in a small-ish town in Sweden.

Before I landed where I am now, wiser but perhaps not where I imagined myself at this age, I travelled extensively. AND managed to make the family wonder if I had lost all my collective marbles when I decided to stay and live in Japan. You just don't DO that. You do things in the tempo and order as others do, in this case the comparison was a sibling.
I'm a foodie with a preference for baking and cake decorating. Also do lots of arty things, more often than not they tend to be japanese-y. There was the calligraphy, the origami, ikebana, decorating. I love to read, anything goes really. If you can't find me anywhere else go look at the coffee shop on the corner and find me with tea and a book.

Before I had to quit work I was a case-worker at a government insurance agency. If you'd ask me now how I got there I'd have to answer that I really have no idea. A temp job that grew into a steady job?

The Maiden Metallurgist

Hi!

I'm Drea, but online I go by The Maiden Metallurgist (no google-ing for me, I hope). I’m a, you guessed it, metallurgist!

I moved to Chicago a year ago to live with my now husband and take my now-job from a small town outside Denver called Golden, CO., and while I miss it, I am loving Chicago ever since we moved from the north side to the south side. I guess I’m just not a big city girl. I love living on the lake, but I still miss my mountains I spend most of my free time cooking, sewing, knitting, and refinishing furniture that I find in thrift stores. I don’t listen to new music, as my tastes are firmly stuck in the late 60’s/ early 70’s, but I do listen to a staggering amount of NPR.

I love my pets, farmers markets, hot coffee on cold mornings, my Prius, watching TV on our uncomfortable couch with my husband, reading in the sunroom and grilling in the summer and the winter. I’m pretty much a yuppie who wishes she was an artist. But I do love the health insurance that comes with being a corporate drone.

Chrissy

Whee! I love re-introductions. I'm Chrissy, a 27 year old librarian currently living in Texas. I'm also a writer, a blogger, a walker of dogs, and a marathon-runner-in-training. I love your blog – it's the perfect mix of personal stories and advice about life. Keep it up, please!

Midge

Thanks for having us Ms. V!

I first found your blog when I was researching my trip to Peru. I love, love, love to travel, and have lived in England, and studied in Shanghai. My not so secret goal is to become a member of the century club (you have to visit 100 countries/territories).

I’m a non-practicing lawyer who dragon boat, attempts to garden, and love to craft; however, I am also a bit of a dilettante. Thanks for keeping this blog, reading it is always a great way to start the day!

miss congeniality

Hello Sarah Von,

my name is Magdalena and I'm from Vienna, Austria. I am 17 years old, so I haven't travelled as much as you did so far, but I'm planning on travelling a lot more in my life. I spent 6 months of my life in Kentucky to see what it's like to live in the States and I just got back form an internship of three months in a hotel in Belgium. Since I'm still at school it's hard to travel a lot more than that for now, but I'm very interested in foreign countries, especially if they speak a different language.
I love listening to music, hanging out with friends, travelling, food (I find it always so hard to diet) and pretty much everything any other girl would love – oh and reading blogs. I tried starting my own one too, but honestly, right now I prefer reading others. I don't take enough time to write my own ones and I keep forgetting what I was going to write about. I am pretty chaotic I guess.
I love how you're interested in your readers and what they do and where they come from. Your blog is amazing, very inspiring. Keep it up ;D
Oh and if you're ever planning on visiting Vienna, don't forget to come visit me πŸ™‚
Love

What Was I Thinking?

Hi! Thanks for introducing yourself, my name is Christine & I've been following your site for a few weeks now & love every post. Though I don't comment on everything I do read every post!

I'm currently wrapping up my undergrad in Studies in Arts and Culture at Brock University in St. Catharines, Canada & I hope to be a professer one day. I love breakfast foods for dinner, I'm a huge fan of Judd Apatow & his work from the early days on TV with Freaks & Geeks up til his latest release of Funny People. & if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

TTYS!
β™₯ Christine
What Was I Thinking?

Erin W

I'm Erin and I live in Toronto. I'm a crazy cat lady in training. I like books and shopping and the combination of the two especially!

Post-Modern Jen

Hi Sarah,
Longtime listener, first time caller- just kidding, but it's always so funny when someone says that on the radio (or on movies πŸ™‚ I'm 32, wife, mom, aspiring writer/blogger. Love books, travel, cookies, the internet and my GPS. Wish I had a housekeeper, everything else I can handle. Keep up the inspiration,

Jen

Z

Hi!
Thank you for letting us get to know you!

I'm Z, 22 and a half years old, just got my bachelor's in business, now trying to get a master's in law – exciting to be doing it in the Netherlands, moved here 4 weeks ago. So basically I never had the time to really get the blog of mine and my boyfriend's started from all the studying and work.. But we try πŸ™‚

I like crocheting, reading blogs such as Oh Joy! and Yes and yes, which just give positive energy and beautiful images with every read. I love reading, languages, traveling (as often as time and budget allow). I eat too much sweets, haven't eaten meat for almost 10 years, love Imogen Heap and am trying to figure out how to combine my interests with a way to help others.

Thank you for your wonderful blog, keep up the good work πŸ™‚

Kate

Oh hello! IΒ΄m Kate, 24 and raised in Connecticut, USA. Proud owner of a MasterΒ΄s in Community Development and a nice full passport…IΒ΄m good at: making places feel like home, eating noodles, and figuring out ways to get people to pay me to do interesting work. IΒ΄m bad at: staying in one place, waking up early, and directions. Right now I teach English in Madrid and spend a lot of time attempting to find shortcuts home, as well as trying to ascertain the style secrets of Spanish women. Found this blog when I was planning my trip through South America, and have been a loyal fan ever since.

Mucho gusto! πŸ™‚

Veronica, aka "Suzy Tofu"

Hi Sarah!

I've only thrown up on a few types of public transportation, but I commend you for tagging every type imaginable!

I'm Veronica "Suzy Tofu", and I am an art/business student who works at a crappy school, but enjoys reading your blog at work. (It cheers me up and keeps me from flipping a shit and killing students.) I love vegetarian food, vintage fashion, and Stephen King books.

It's nice to meet you!

Citrus & M.M.

Hi There!

I wish I could remember how I first discovered The Secret Society of List Addicts. My co-blogger and best friend M.M. is absolutely obsessed with lists so it quickly became one of our favorites. Leading me to find Yes and Yes, what a gem!

We are from OH and have been best friends all our lives. We love random acts of kindess, inside jokes, dressing up, laughing, enjoying every moment and cupcakes <3
-Citrus

miss morgan potts

Alright, I'll join in: I'm Miss Morgan, a rabid traveller and university student in London. There's lots to love, but especially sending letters, vegan cuisine, art museums, and the wind on your face after leaving the airport in a new country.

Nice to meet you all.

{Tara}

Wow, Sarah! I am also an English teacher and used to teach English in Brazil. No wonder we get along πŸ˜‰ Thanks for sharing!

ana

Hi Sara
I'm Ana I'm from Mexico, I lived 1 year in Vienna and travelled around Europe, I have a degree on International Studies and I wanted to go back to Vienna and work for the United Nations but instead I got married with a wonderful man and stayed in Guadalajara, Mexico to live, I work for a french company and I go twice a year to Europe one time to Paris and one time to Valencia, Spain. I've been to Japan and HK too because of work. I love photography and interior design, all kind of homemade food and I love to go to museums because I'm passionate about history!!!

Sherin

Hi Sarah. Great idea for a post. Its an absolute pleasure.
My name is Sherin and I live in London. I've just graduated with a degree in Politics.
I blog with Leia, but other interests include: football (soccer), reading and eating.

I actually spent about 10 years of my life in Hong Kong, while my dad worked there, but London was always my home. I was born there and no matter where I am in the world, I love coming back home.

rainbowstripe

Hello Sarah!

I'm Sarah too, soon to be 23, living in Auckland, New Zealand.
I'm an artist (though I have a hard time admitting it), and I spend the time that I'm not making art obsessing over cute things and generally trying to be happy!

I wish I could say I've traveled as much as you, but I've only been to a couple of places – most recently I spent 2 weeks in Italy in November '08. I definitely plan to go to more places.

I have a blog but it's only just getting up and running. I've been reading yours for a while and glad I found it – through my friend Amber of Code For Something.

Nice to get to know more about you!

Summermoon

It's lovely to meet you, Miss Von.

Hello, my name is Summermoon. I'm a fifteen-year-old Australian who wants write a blog as good as yours when she grows up. But until then, I'm just the usual sort of girl who loves music, vintage fashion, photography, and travel.

Unfortunately, the travel bug hasn't been as well-fed as it would have liked to be, but I've realized I shouldn't watch travel shows because I get murderous feelings towards those smug presenters who have the best job in the world.

Yay! I'm so glad you're all here! If this was a real party, right about now I'd be pressing you to try the cheese ball and trying to get everybody to dance to 'Murder On The Dance Floor'

Brittany

Hi Sarah!

I'm Brittany! I am from Tobaccoville, NC, the most random small town in the middle of nowhere. But I am currently in college studying to be a Middle School Social Studies teacher.
I own approximately 20 cardigans, want to join the Peace Corps One Day, have approximately 5 millions careers I would like to explore, and love mustard of all kinds.
My motto for life is "All In and Full Out", put everything you have into everything you do. I love laughing and crying and have a slight obsession with CSI.
It's nice to meet you! And I absolutely LOVE your blog.

Young Werther

G'day Sarah

It's Werther from Sydney who started blogging as a form of therapy, he's too much of a scrooge to pay for a shrink!

Now… I'm hooked and it's great fun sharing ideas, reading about new experiences…

Basically, I've become a blog junkie πŸ™‚

marikm22

Hi Sarah! I'm a college junior from Connecticut, studying psychology and graphic design in Binghamton, New York. I'm uncertain about what I'm going to do with my life but planning on doing a lot of traveling no matter what. The darkroom is my life right now – I take, develop, and print black & white photos whenever I can. I also do a lot of movie watching, net browsing, walk taking, arts and crafts-ing, and as of recently, kitten rescuing.

Happy Option Please?

Hello πŸ™‚ I'm Whitney. You commented on my post over at Happy Option Please? I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to visit me and I'd just like to say after reading this post about who you are and what you do, I've been inspired. You've traveled the world, which is something I'd like to do as well. So thanks for proving to me that it is possible.

Carly

Hi Sarah,

I'm Carly and a newish reader to your site. I commented on your Cosmo post and you commented back on my Harley one πŸ™‚ I live in Toronto, am a Talent Agent running my own agency and I have a blog.

Nice to e-meet you. I love that your site is called Yes and Yes and I really like reading it.

Marie

Hi Sarah!
My name is Marie, and I am from Reno, NV. I am a grad student, studying elementary education and am currently doing my student teaching in a first grade class, which is amazing. 6 year olds are so darn cute! My first degree is in music with a minor in library sciences and I hope to get a second master's in library sciences next. I currently work in a substance abuse library where we provide information for counselors, teachers, doctors, etc. to use with patients and students. It has been such a great learning experience and I know a lot about drugs now.
In my spare time I downhill ski, bake, play with my dogs, run, play my Nintendo DS, and read. I also play in a local community band and instruct a local youth drumline.
Someday I hope to open a cupcake/martini shop.

Catherine

Hi Sarah,

Well, aren't you a charming hostess, and you have delightful friends (@Marie – I'm already waiting in line for your cupcake/martini shop to open!).

I'm a 30-something in New York City where I fell in love at first sight with my Andy…We also have a washer/drier IN our apartment, so, as you can imagine, I believe in all kinds of dreams coming true. I'm too old to be a hipster, but I delight in high heels and cherish Central Park, great books, naps, and drinking wine to iTunes sing-alongs with my pals.

I endeavor to create and share positivity in my blog (universal law of attraction, and all), which is why I appreciate your YES and YES to life! Thanks for sharing all of your lovely thoughts.

Cheers!
Catherine

Bridey

Hey Sarah Von + other guests!
I'm Bridey: traveller, aspiring writer, list maker, adventurer and maker of outrageous goals.

I'm from NZ and love living by the sea, baking, afternoon naps, reading blogs and surprising people.

Chelsea

This is so fun!

I'm Chelsea– I'm a college senior studying psychology and Spanish, and I'm trying to figure out how to combine all of my loves into a future career. (Mainly, psychology and fashion.) We will see where I end up.

I'm obsessed with aesthetics in general, and am looking forward to potentially researching how they affect someone's quality of life. I am constantly looking into how to improve my room and wardrobe on my college student budget. So I can totally relate on the incessant need to tell everyone about your $7 outfit–I do the same thing.

I love learning, reading, being creative, helping others, and attempting to relax in my down time.

Nice to meet you πŸ™‚

Kathleen L.

So much personal information divulged to the internet masses! I must get in on this selling of ones' self to strangers. πŸ˜€

Tonight I played "You Might Be a Redneck If…" with my family by a fireplace on the dusty plywood floors of our unfinished house. I bought 3 'mango and orange smoothies' today just because they contained the letter 'o' more than 3 times. 2 years ago I turned 16, but my Learners licence has yet to be wanted, let alone received. I read, hoard and love trashy romance novels, yet I've never been kissed, and I read 8 in the past week. I don't care if the man is penniless or a Norseman or scraggly-bearded or a CEO or partially invisible; if he has red hair I'm dreaming deeply that night.

I'm a bit of an oddball. I want to travel so much it almost physically pains me to save money for mental development (ie. University), but I also want to attend school. I love contradictions, and hate vagueness. I'm a Gemini, so I talk a alot – I treasure silence and can't live without white noise. My nose is crooked, and I wish my eyelashes were longer. Right-handed, can sing Opera, former Pres of the Kindergarten Skipping Club, draw only with an H2 pencil – must be meticulously sharpened, often dreams in black and white, crooked smile.

So…that's me. Some of the least important information anyway. I have enjoyed typing this out and reading about everyone else's fascinating lives and interesting personalities.
Keep up the amazing posts, Sarah. They brighten my computer screen a little more each day.

Death Wears Diamond Jewellery

awesome time to discover your blog!

I am also Sarah. I live in Sydney, Australia but wish I could pack it all up and live in NYC. And suddenly have zillions of dollars to do it all with.

Finished my university degree this year with a major in English. Currently freelance writing and volunteering at an animal shelter. Also known as 'unemployed.'

I am obsessed with gorgeous literature and photography, Bambi figurines, gloomy bear, Marni heels and Johnny Depp.

I'm currently wanting the perfect shade of pink lipgloss and a first edition of Alice's Adventures In Wonderland.

martini

hello there,

my name is martini. i am a college senior studying german and english, plan a is to become a teacher in south germany (that's where i live at the moment), plan b involves an academic career(maybe on popular culture?) and travelling. maybe i'll end up in scotland or britain, we'll see about that in time.

i am very passionate about food, photography, movies & music. so basically all the good and beautiful things in life. i also love tinkering & sewing and also i daydream a lot. but since only dreaming isn't enough it is good to see how easy it is to let your dreams come true if only you are brave enough to justgive it a try. thanks for showing that a lot, sarah! (:

have a nice day you all,
martini

HannaH

What a swell party this is.

I'm a 23-year-old sociology student from Tampere, Finland, currently an exchange student in Suwon, South Korea. I found your blog a couple of months ago and have been almost obsessively reading it ever since. It has cheered me up during something like an approaching quarter-life crisis probably caused by the struggle that was my bachelor's dissertation. I'm once again inspired to search for my kind of a way to live a non-traditional adulthood.

I like vintage and second hand clothes, knitting and occasionally other DIY stuff, dancing (preferably twisting), reading, dressing up, planning theme parties and trying to find new and interesting or silly things to do.

Delighted to make your acquaintance,

Hanna

Heidi Rose

Hello Sarah Von!

Nice to meet you as well! Properly, that is. I wasn't sure I'd want to come to the party, but now I'm so glad I have. Have you tried the cheese platter? I admit, I have a bit of a cheese obsession. But really, I'm very food-minded. I love cooking and the ability of food to bring people together. I need to tell you, I love your work. The lists you write are wonderful, and I find you much more clever than you openly take yourself for.

About me? Well, I'm an artist planning to pursue architecture as a career and I am in love with the world, it's cultures and languages. I plan on doing a lot of traveling in my life.

I'm afraid I have to be off, but it was wonderful to talk with you. We'll have to meet again.

Heidi Rose

Luinae

Nice to meet you!

I'm Luinae, I go to high school and am trying to figure out who I really am in judgemental high school. I love Irish dance, cheese, reading, writing, sparkly lip gloss, photography, and jewelry design. I am 14, I run a blog and my biggest dream is to go to London and be a photographer.

Lee

Hi Sarah!

I'm Lianne, 25 from Manila, Philippines. I'm an account manager for a multinational advertising agency.

I loooooove traveling, lomography (hence my photoblog – leethroughthelens.blogspot.com, please visit!), reading, shopping and dancing. There are so many things I want to try but I feel like I don't have enough time! i definitely want to learn how to cook seriously get into a sport.

Oh and I also love bargain hunting! Keep sharing yours πŸ™‚

Abby

Hi Sarah! I'm Abby . . . I found your blog because my dear friend Jerri is a friend of Sally (Already Pretty) who has a link to your blog on hers — and I clicked on your link because the title is so great . . . yes really is so much more fun than no! Speaking of, for a dumb movie, the movie Yes Man is not so bad; I just watched it on an airplane. I'm a blogger, too. And a tireless traveler. And currently jobless after relocating to my hometown from Los Angeles. I think your blog is great, so positive & fun — THANK YOU for inviting us to say hello!

Beatrix

Pleased to meet you Sarah Von and all her readers!

My name's Beatrix from Melbourne, Australia.

I'm a designer, artist, friend, wannabe hip-hop dancer, avid twitterer, lover of the colour pink and high heels, homebody, tram rider, crafterina, collector of yarns and fabric, watcher of Antiques Roadshow, and National Cheering-People-Up Champion.

I honestly can't quite remember how I came across your blog, but I have to say how glad I am I did. It's certainly now one of my favourites!

Amelia

My name is Amy, and I love reading your blog!

I'm from Orlando, Florida, although I currently reside in the town of Gainesville (which is two hours north) because I go to college there.

I am 19, an internet nerd, a lover or clothes, a sometimes graphic designer and journalist and food lover. I'm also a vegetarian and a mean scrabble player.

Reading about your adventures and travels makes me want to get out there and see it all, too! I just got back from a three month stay in Europe. Mostly London, but with stops in Paris, a tour through the Scottish Highlands, and a weekend in Wales spent jumping off of cliffs into the ocean. So I've got an adventure bug now, too!

Esti

Hallo Sarah!

I'm Esti, the girl who always seems to comment on your posts three or four days late (because I use Google Reader and am bad about keeping up to date with computer things). I do love them, though.

I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio, and went to school there as well. I have a degree in English Lit with a bunch of minors in more-or-less related humanities subjects. I currently live in NYC and am getting my MA in English at NYU because all I ever really want to do with myself is read and talk about books. And cook. And make pretty things. And travel… but I generally get so distracted by books that I forget to do things like eat, start an Etsy site, or find the kind of job that would let me afford to travel as much as I'd like.

My mother is originally from Hungary, so I've spent some time there, and spent my childhood summers in northern Ontario, which has the perfect climate for my pale, sun-fearing self. I lived in London for a while in 2007 (while going to school there) and did a fair bit of traveling around the Isles and the Continent, but I haven't had any chances to venture to other parts of the globe yet. May have to wait until I'm properly PhD-ed and employed (since I'm determined to teach) and can make good use of my summers, but it's probably worth the wait.

Until then, I'll enjoy your stories of travel and local adventure (see, I read your most recent post… just at the same time as this one) and hopefully get motivated to do some adventuring of my own.