Yes, yes, tis the season to drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte and talk about how it’s officially Sweater Weather. Let’s use this season as an excuse to try new things and have tiny adventures!
2. Make piles of leaves
Jump in them. Hide in them and then jump out when people walk by.
3. Add layers to your favorite summer outfits before packing them away
You can do so much with leggings, scarves, camisoles, blazers! Here’s a whole Pinterest board devoted to transitioning your outfits!
5. Write a letter to a teacher who changed your life
And then actually mail it. I’ve done this several times and it’s ALWAYS lovely.
8. Go apple picking
Yes, it’s cliche BUT IT IS ALSO AWESOME. Or pumpkin picking. Or help a CSA with its seasonal clean up.
9. Go on a hay ride
Roll around in the hay, get straw in your hair, kiss your person and make inappropriate jokes about ‘taking a roll in the hay’
10. Send a box of leaves to someone who lives down south – or in another hemisphere
I remember nearly weeping with happiness when I got to smell autumn leaves while living in Taiwan.
11. Volunteer with school kids
Or better yet, become a big sister/big brother.
13. Tuck pretty leaves between the pages of your favorite books
to be found in depths of dreary March when you would give anything for 50-degree weather
15. Prepare your pet’s Halloween costume
No, really. Do it. Rasputin has a much-beloved (by me) bee costume that he can usually be cajoled into!
What fun things are you up to this fall? What are your favorite September/October activities?