Tell us three reasons that you’re awesome:
1. I’m a mom! That means I carry snacks and small toys in my bag. How fun is that?!
2. I’m an elementary teacher. I have a direct influence on the future – I make my seven-year-old minds move mountains every day.
3. I’m good at keeping life balanced.
Tell us about a favorite childhood memory about your clothes.
When I was in junior high, my mom had some really cool stuff in her closet. I remember sneaking this one body suit…I would wear it under my sweatshirt and remove the sweatshirt at school. She also had a pair of black stiletto-heel, knee-high boots. I loved trying them!
What’s your best thrifting score?
It’s too hard to say just one! I always love finding top-notch designers. Valentino, DVF, and Nicole Miller have all made it into my closet via the thrift store.
Could you tell us your top three style tricks/DIYs?
1. To save time in the mornings, I sleep with my hair in a braid or twist. That way I just have to undo my hair, finger comb, spritz a little hair spray and I’m good to go.
2. When I put my laundry away on Sundays, I put all my outfits together for the week.
3. I only buy metallic jewelry (mostly gold tones). Metallics work with nearly everything, which means I’m not wasting time accessorizing.
Thanks so much for sharing, April!