Name: Amanda Keith
Location: Duncan, OK
Online haunts: blog // / instagram // twitter // facebook Three reasons that you’re awesome:1. I am incredibly introverted and want other introverts to never feel like they’re different or less capable of anything than extroverts.
2. I am the “momma” of four unruly mutts, who are all rescue babies. The smallest is 50lbs and the largest is 90lbs. I have quite a crew!
3. I live in a little house my grandparents built out in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, out on 5 acres of land.
What are you wearing right now, as you type this?
An olive tank I made with a men’s large t-shirt by cutting the sleeves/neck off, a black/white striped bandeau, and a floral high waist skirt.
What is the last item of clothing you bought?
A black and white vertically striped maxi dress! It may be a little too Beetlejuice but I sure do love it.
What is the item of clothing you most covet at the moment?
I am pretty much at a constant state of “coveting” when it comes to fancy vintage dresses.
Tell us about a favorite childhood memory about your clothes.
I have a very specific memory from second grade where all I wanted to wear were these awesome yellow stirrup leggings and a giant pink sweater. Needless to say, I was stoked when leggings became popular again.
What is your best thrifting score?
Last year I found the most perfect handmade dress at a Goodwill for $5. It’s A-line, white with a sheer polka dot overlay, and a low cut back. It had some pretty intense frilly sleeves but luckily they were simple to remove!
Could you tell us your top three style tricks/DIYs?
1. When mixing patterns, I often try to stick with a general color scheme so it looks slightly more put together.
2. You can’t go wrong with a dress and a leather jacket.
3. You can pull off any outfit. (I secretly get frustrated when people say “I could never pull that off!”) It’s all about loving what you’re wearing and wearing it with an air of “I don’t care if you think this looks stupid, I love it.”