7 Insanely Easy Hairstyles Even The Laziest of Us Can Do

Are you looking for easy hairstyles? TRICK QUESTION EVERYONE ALWAYS IS.

Last month I cut 8 inches off my hair – partially because I could never figure out what to do with it.
So now I have a long bob annnnnnnd I still don’t know what to do with it. Things have pretty much degenerated into:
1. Straight
2. Curled

So, in an attempt to inspire myself to something a bit more interesting than pinned-back-bangs + curling wand I’ve rounded up seven easy hairstyles you can do in five minutes, on dirty hair. (Because, let’s be real, that’s about how much effort I’m willing to put in.)
Links to original sources and instructions embedded in photos.

7 incredibly easy hairstyles Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!Want some easy hairstyles? Even better - easy hairstyles for dirty hair? Click through for 7 simple hairdos even the laziest of us can pull off!

Do you do anything exciting with your hair? Also: how often do you wash yours? I only wash mine twice a week (though I do that ‘wash your bangs in the sink’ thing more most days.)

P.S. On a weekly basis I get questions about how I get so much volume in my hair and this is the answer. Worth every penny!

photo by Hannah Morgan // cc

Kathleen Shannon

So, even though I have dread locks I can get stuck in hair ruts. Like always top knotting it or tying it back in the same knotty french braid – but I can have so much fun with it! Yesterday I wore it in two big bear buns and that always seems to make everyone so happy. Oh, and I wash it maybe once a month. 😉

Mel

I wash mine almost daily – super-fine hair + oily scalp – but I wash it at night and let it air dry with a little bit of Tressa's Aglaze product for some texture & shine. Usually I wear it down, but sometimes I do a messy bun, or the three-bun 'do you've linked above, or the tucked up Gibson-girly 'do. Loooooove all the braided styles, but can't figure out how to do them myself.

Anna

I wash mine every other day… and wash my bangs in the sink on days that I don't. I am SO glad to hear that other functional (and awesome!) adults do the same!

Melissa

I’m close to a functional adult, and I do the same. Or I put my hair in a bun in the shower and wash the bags while I’m in there. Second day hair is usually up as I get crop circles at the back from sleeping. I don’t go more than two days because I take transit and so am overly familiar with the smell of gross, unwashed scalps, and I never want to be that person!

Joni

Me too! Wash it about 3x’s a week and wet my bangs and blow dry with a round brush on the other days.

Lisa

Well I got 16 inches cut off my hair last week (and donated it!) so that's pretty exciting.
But when I still had long hair I was a fan of the sock bun.
And I wash my hair every other day, or every third day if I'm not leaving the house on that third day.

Beka

I love these hair styles! I especially love that the models don't her 'perfect straight shiny hair' because I rarely blow dry my hair and curl it so I'm always excited when I see simple do's with 'whatever' hair =)

sogugu

I have the typical tough wooly hair that comes with being Kenyan. When I wash it it coils and is so short I wind up looking like a cute boy. However, when it has been blow-dried, it's long enough to get just below the nape of my neck For weeks now, I have been wearing an Afro which I absolutely love! So I've decided to braid my hair for a few weeks and then wear my Afro. I'm thinking of pigs-tails on weekends.
P.S. I wash my hair every other week (ahem) because I can stand having it singed every so often; and much less frequently when it is braided.

Mary

Even though my hair is curly and rough, I still wash it every other day — if I delay any longer, it hurts! Does anyone else have this issue? Where your roots tingle and ache and you know your hair is dying for a wash?

Same, does anyone know where to find the instruction for that hair style?

*starr fish

Fun styles, especially the last one! I shampoo two or three times a week and dig the texture not shampooing give my straight, long hair. Big fan of dry shampoo for getting a style out of that last day before you shampoo again. My go-to hair styles are – two braids (one on either side of my head), a single messy bun (either a high top knot style or low like a librarian with some sass!) and I'll wear it down and wavy if I've had it in braids the day before.

Vanessa

I keep my hair short because I have a small face. When I let it get shoulder length, I get people asking me if I'm feeling down. I wash my hair about once a week and I don't wash with shampoo.

I've gone full CurlyGirl and I love it! I wash with a sulfate free conditioner, then I scrunch in some curling cream to keep frizz at bay. I'll either dry it with a diffuser or I let it air dry. I love how easy it's made my hair routine.

Sometimes, though, I'll break down and straighten it but my hair looks so damaged after. I'm still making peace with the idea of straight blonde hair = "good" hair. I'm a deep brunette so I'll never be a blonde with stick straight hair. I've embraced my Cuban-girl curls!

Pearl - Pretty Mayhem

I am definitely stuck in a hair rut too. I have long hair which technically should be awesome for trying out new styles but I'm generally too scared (*lazy*) to try anything too elaborate. These hairstyles are pretty cool though, I especially love the last one!

Elizabeth

dang…I really like the 5th one down and think I know how to do it, but there's no link. Also, this post is SO timely…I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks and was looking for some different, not too fussy hair styles. Thanks! I wash my hair every second or third day. : )

Chrystina

I'm with you on that twice a week hair washing thing and I wouldn't have it any other way. I really like the third option. I also really need to get better with bobby pins…

Hamish Healys

Lucky You. Your hair is still long enough to do something about it as in fixing it in 7 easy styles! On a wild impulse, I simply cut my hair really short… as in short-short. Now just about the only thing I can do with it is to shave it off!

How do u do the 5th one down (the 3 ponytails)? I clicked on it multiple times and nothing happens.

Rachel

I love that three twisted bun! I’ll have to try it today. I’m down to washing my hair once a week. It’s super long and thick, so it takes forever just to rinse it. These hair clips have been a lifesaver. They hold all of my hair, are super comfortable, and are pretty too! http://www.lillarose.biz/hairroses

Sheryl

I wash my hair twice a week. I have very fine, thin, and dry hair so it works great for me. I wear my hair down most days unless I have a migraine. I do sleep with it up though. I put it in a high ponytail & wet it down. Then I twist the pony up and make a bun. It gives me some curl & body when I take it down in the morning.

Kimberly

I wash my hair every day. My hair is half way down my back my husband wants it longer,somedays i want to chop it all off.For the most part i wear it up cause it always seams like i Lose here everyday Or it’s in my way, I love the hair styles but they never seem to come out the way the girls do them and they look so good
and i try to do it doesnt even look as close Maybe I’m just not Coordinated. Any tips would greatly be appreciated.

chels

im not seeing a description on how to do these just pictures?! i need a step by step !! They look great and fun but i can’t just wing it! any way you can show how to do the 3 ponys into the little buns in the back?! thanks

Click on the photo to go to the original post with the instructions 🙂