Guys, I’ve reached that point in my life where I’m (slightly) less interested in sleeping on the ground.
Where is this hallowed middle ground, friends? Where can I sleep in a bed but still get that self-congratulatory feeling of being all Paul Bunyon-y?
Yurts, guys. Yurts are the answer to this age old question.
And what, pray tell, is a yurt? As defined by Wikipedia it’s a “a portable, bent dwelling structure traditionally used by nomads in the steppes of Central Asia as their home.” So basically – fancier than a tent, less fancy than a cabin.
In a word: perfect.
3. T/F Sleeping in a queen-sized sleeping bag on a futon with my partner is both fun and romantic!
4. T/F A total lack of cell phone signal, gps, and internet is awesome and freeing! No, this doesn’t not need to be Instagrammed!
5. T/F Seeing a mother moose on your half-mile walk back to where you parked the car is a great way to start the day.
6. T/F It’s pretty nice to have a little lake all to yourself.
7. T/F I enjoy boiling water to wash my dishes!
8. T/F Outhouses are grreeeat!
9. T/F Mosquitos and wood ticks are no big deal. Complaining is for wussies.
10. T/F Falling asleep to the sound of rain, 20 miles from the nearest town is lovely.
Did you answer true to most of these statements? Then you should probably rent a yurt in northern Minnesota.
Have you ever stayed in a yurt? How do you feel about camping?