Hey, hi! My name is Sarah Von Bargen and I bet I can guess why you’re here:
- You want to buy less shit you don’t need + have more money for the stuff that makes you happy
- You’re trying to break a bad habit (you know the one), but it feels impossible and you’re hoping there’s some ‘trick’ you don’t know yet
- You love goal-setting but all those planners and checklists aren’t really working
- You – like me – love cheese, road trips, anthropomorphism, and small town thrift stores
You’re in the right place!
Pull up a chair, my friend! We’ve been saving you a seat and a slice of pizza – there’s LaCroix in the fridge if you want any.
Yes & Yes is a space dedicated to helping you spend your time, money, and energy on purpose.
I’ve been writing about this stuff for 11+ years which means
1) I’m an internet dinosaur
2) since I’ve been doing this for so long, I’ve been able to help a lot of people
“I refer my friends and clients (and strangers!) to Sarah and her work more often than anyone else on the Internet. Hers are the emails I open every week; and I learn something every single time. She is brilliant, funny, generous and one-of-a-kind in her ability to offer practical solutions that will actually change your life.” – Christy Tending
“I read tons of self-help and self-development stuff and Sarah’s work is some of the most actionable, impactful, easy-to-implement stuff out there. She’s funny, kind, and down-to-earth. She’ll help you navigate tough topics without shame or blame and lovingly hold you accountable to do your best work.” – Andrea Lucus
“Because of your courses, I’ve been very successful in making changes. I appreciate the confidence that I can continue these habits because I have already addressed the “what ifs.”
I can tell you love what you do, but I know that doesn’t mean it is easy to pour yourself out every day to help others. I just wanted to let you know how much I personally appreciate the work you are doing and the positive impact it is having on my life. Thank you.” – Jennifer G.
How’d I learn all the stuff I teach in my courses, books, and one-on-one coaching?
Some of it comes from years of being a classroom teacher. Some of it comes from earning an M.A. in Applied Linguistics – if you want to talk about neural pathways, brain plasticity, and impact of personal narrative, I am the nerd for you!
But a lot of it comes from years of trial and error and lessons-learned-the hard way.
All the money stuff I teach? I learned it by paying off $50,000 of school debt on a non-profit salary.
The habit stuff? I figured that out by building a daily writing habit that’s worth $250,000+
And all the goal-setting things I teach? I learned how to reach my goals by traveling to 38 countries, building a successful business from the ground up, and finding a perfect-for-me partner at 36.
Again, I learned much of this by trial and error and it took me a loooooong time and lots of unsuitable ex-boyfriends.
I teach people how to navigate this stuff – money, habits, goals, happiness – because I don’t want you to waste months or years clipping coupons, starting and giving up on habits or chasing the wrong goals, the wrong way.
If you’re nodding along, thinking “Yes, I would like to see more money in my bank account!” or “Sure would like to kick that bad habit that’s been plaguing me for years” here’s what to do next:
- Download my free workbook How To Figure Out What Makes You Happy – one reader said it was the equivalent of 2 or 3 therapy sessions! 😲
- Join our free, private Facebook group Money & Happy. It’s 5,000+ smart, kind people talking about money and happiness in a safe, supportive space.
- Let’s be friends on Instagram! I’m on Instagram Stories, uh, a lot.
- I pin helpful, interesting things on Pinterest every day. You can see what I’m pinning here!
Together in spending our time, money, and energy on purpose,